- concert trips to e.g. the Netherlands, Argentina, the UK, Spain, Mexico, Scotland, Greece, Denmark, Ireland, France, USA, Italy, Chile, Switzerland, Canada, Brazil, Iran, ...
- solo recitals at Spectrum (New York, US) / SIRGA festival (Flix, ES) / festival Flûtes en Jeu (Lausanne, CH) / festival Specs On! (Berlin, DE) / Temporada de Conciertos UTEM (Santiago, CL), festival Sonoridades Alternativas (Buenos Aires, La Plata and Chascomús, AR), Now Hear This! festival (Edmonton, CA), FIME - Festival Internacional de Música Experimental (São Paulo, BR)
- performance with her ensemble XelmYa at spahlinger-fest (Chicago, US) / TonalÀtonal (Goethe-Institute México, D.F., MX)
- „ensemble in residence“ with her ensemble XelmYa at Sonic 3.0 festival in Copenhagen, Denmark
- „artist in residence“ at Comporre il Suono, Oggi (Barcellona Pozzo di Grotto, Sicily, IT)
- grand opening with her ensemble UMBRATONO of the Festival de Música Antigua y Barroca (San Luis Potosi, MX), opening of the concert series TonalÁtonal (Goethe-Institute, México D.F., MX)
- performance lectures at the New Music Gathering (Baltimore, US) / Carl von Ossietzky University (Oldenburg, DE) / Unirio - Escola de Música (Rio de Janeiro, BR)
- masterclasses at Conservatorio de Música Gilardo Gilardi (La Plata, AR), Instituto de la Música de la Municipalidad (Avenalleda, AR), Instituto de Música Universidad Alberto Hurtado (Santiago, CL), USP – Universidade de São Paulo (BR), Sala dos Sons - UFRGS (Porto Alegre, BR), Unirio - Escola de Música (Rio de Janeiro, BR)
- performances and talks with Dorone Paris at the conferences Compositional Aesthetics And The Political at Goldsmiths (London, UK) and The Politics of Performance and Play. Feminist Matters at Leiden University (Leiden, NL)
- cd-productions with e.g. composers Stefan Lienenkaemper (DE), Nicoleta Chatzopoulou (GR), Ailís Ní Ríain (IE) , Marc Yeats (UK), special collaborations and recordings with e.g. Jared Stimpfl / Orphan Donor (US), John E. Zammitpace (MT), Anthony Lipari / Thoren (US), Coma Cluster Void (DE / CA / US)
- artistic director of projects like „membrana“ with visual artist Carola Czempik
- together with Dorone Paris, she is the founder of ArtEquality: a non-profit organisation and an activist movement for equality and feminism that offers support to artists whose work concerns gender equality
- Co-Artistic Director of the Festival M.A.R.S - Music and Arts ReSound, Los Angeles / Berlin
- Podcast with „Off the Podium“: Youtube
Instrumentalist, Conductor, Teacher, Curator, Feminist. Founder of the Ensembles XelmYa, UMBRATONO, the bewitched project and Syl'Cor, co-founder of ArtEquality. Praised for her equally fierce and bold dramatic performance style, Sylvia Hinz is one of the leading recorder players worldwide, specialised in contemporary music and improvisation.
She studied recorder at the University of Arts Berlin with Gerd Luenenbuerger, experimental music with Dieter Schnebel, chamber music with Nigel North, and conducting / ensemble leading at the BAK Trossingen. Sylvia Hinz plays solo recitals and concerts with ensembles and orchestras, holds special interest in contemporary music and improvisation, also in unusual instrumental combinations and cooperations with other arts (e.g. painting, literature, sculpture), and fosters international collaborations with other musicians, composers, artists in general. She also holds masterclasses for composers and performers, works on boundary transcending projects, and works as a private lecturer.